– A school for tomorrow’s China
YK Pao School is a pioneering international Chinese school. The school is a non-profit private institution founded in 2007, in memory of shipping magnate Sir Yue-Kong Pao, the renowned Chinese businessman, statesman and philanthropist. With over 1200 students from China and overseas, the school offers a unique Year 1-12 educational programme, combining the most advanced international and Chinese educational curricula and practice.
Pao School’s innovative Chinese-English immersion bilingual educational program nurtures the whole person - the entire emotional, social, physical, and intellectual being – and prepares students to become engaged and responsible global citizens.
Pao School is divided into Primary, Junior Secondary, and Senior Secondary Divisions. Primary Division (Years 1-5) is a day school located in Shanghai’s city centre, while the Junior Secondary Division (Years 6-8) and Senior Secondary Division (Years 9-12) are located in Shanghai’s Songjiang District providing UK/US boarding education (day school option is also available). Pao School offers the IGCSE curriculum and is IB world school.
- Developing the whole person
- Passing on traditions of Chinese culture
- Promoting an international perspective
YK Pao School graduates will be able to:
- Embody the school’s core values and character traits
- Independently seek, critically interpret and creatively apply knowledge
- Develop their own unique passions and areas of strength
- Communicate effectively in both Chinese and English and across cultures
- Effectively collaborate and embrace team spirit
- Demonstrate a strong sense of social responsibility